This Website is a work in progress started by the Web Design class of 2012-2013. Each year we will add to the list of graduation classes.
(1950's Grade School)
(Built in c.1926, as the High School until 1967. It was then used as the new Middle School until demolished in 1997.)
(High School prior to the construction of the building above.)
In 1864, the first actual school for Cass City was founded. Since then, the school has seen many sucessful students pour in and out of the building. That's what this page is for, the Alumni of Cass City Schools. Names, pictures, memories, and important events will all be recorded here for anyone to view. We hope that the past students will look at this and be able to reflect on their high school days.
A Brief History
After using the old schoolhouse that had been constucted back in 1864, the land that the school resided on was sold and plans were made to build another school. Eventually, in 1884, school enrollment had grown and a new building would be necessary. The real major work on any of the schools began in 1926 when the three story middle school was under construction. That building would serve the are for seventy years.
In 1943, Willis Campbell took over as superintendent, a position he had for twenty-one years. In 1949, the school board decided that they needed a separate elementary building. The new building was named Campbell Elementary. Things were crowded in 1960 though, so four additional classrooms and a library were added to the elementary. Many other schools were being annexed to Cass City at this time, and this would explain the rise in student population. The school board has always worked well together, and this has helped maintain stability within our school district. Our school is still running smoothly today, thanks to the advisors and achers working behind the scenes.
(Campbell Elementary, recently closed due to an insufficient amount of students)
(The Elementary School, previously the newer Middle School)
(The current High School)
Home page layout by M. Radar & I. Blatner